NJ Non-Pressure Roof Cleaning Services Since 1996!
At Thompson Roof Cleaning & Powerwashing, we are proud to provide our New Jersey customers with top-notch roof cleaning & moss removal services.
In business since 1996, we specialize in a non-pressure roof cleaning process that completely eliminates algae, mold, mildew, moss, and lichen from your roof, using gentle detergents to thoroughly clean and sanitize roof surface for long-lasting results!
Soft-Wash Roof Cleaning & Disinfecting
As a family-owned & operated exterior cleaning contractor for over 25 years, we have extensive knowledge and experience effectively cleaning and sanitizing roofs for our New Jersey customers.
Over the decades, we’ve developed tools and methodology that guarantee long-lasting results without any harm to your property.
We guarantee a 100% fully cleaned and sterilized roof!
- we only use soft-wash methods — we never pressure wash a roof
- 100% kill ratio on mold, mildew, and algae — we don’t only clean, we sterilize/disinfect for long-lasting results
- we only use non-toxic, manufacturer’s recommended, biodegradable detergents
Our Superior Soft-Wash Roof Cleaning & Disinfecting Method
We Never Pressure-Wash A Roof
Power washing a roof can cause long-term damage and likely void the warranty of your roofing shingle. Washing a roof under high pressure can potentially wash away large amounts of roofing granules and shorten the life of the roof. Pressure-washing a roof is not only damaging, but it also does nothing to solve the underlying infection causing roof stains.
Fortunately, cleaning your asphalt shingle, slate roof, or cedar roof can be performed without using a pressure washer.
Following strict guidelines outlined by all major roof shingle manufacturers, Thompson Roof Cleaning & Power Washing specializes in soft wash roof cleaning, a much gentler and safer approach to roof moss removal:
- we clean roofs using water pressure no greater than 65 psi, which is equivalent to a garden hose pressure
- we never scrub, scrape or pressure wash a roof
- we try not to step foot on the roof, attempting all treatment from the gutter line
We Treat Roof Moss Removal As An Infection
A dirty-looking roof is most likely suffering from an infection of algae, moss and not to mention lichen. What looks like a stain, we consider an infection!
Our goal is to not only clean the roof’s surface and remove all moss but also sanitize it so the problem doesn’t come back.
We strive for a 100% kill ratio on every cell of algae and every root of moss. Anything less than complete sterilization is an attempt in vain, much like going against a doctor’s recommendation and taking less than a fully prescribed treatment of antibiotics. We all know what happens if we don’t complete a full bottle of prescribed antibiotics — we get sick all over again and the infection comes back worse and more resistant.
Our approach to roof cleaning & moss removal is not necessarily to clean the roof surface, but rather to solve an infection. A clean roof is merely a by-product of solving the infection.
We Only Use Safe Detergents
Some roof cleaning companies use a so-called “low-pressure” cleaning system to clean roofs claiming that it’s safe to use. Others use plant-friendly, bleach-free soaps. All of these solutions are inefficient, temporary, and surface-level. While the roof will appear clean, it won’t be sterile. The microscopic residue will be left behind, and the problem will soon reoccur.
Bottom line: blasting high pressured water or using non-disinfecting soaps will not sterilize the roof or solve the underlying infection. What will is the right roof moss treatment!
We handle roof moss removal by applying a safe, biodegradable detergent that instantly kills moss, mold, and algae. By using a proper disinfecting detergent we are able to completely and thoroughly clean a roof without using a pressure washer or damaging your shingles.
Our roofing detergents are rapidly biodegradable. The roof soap dries rapidly, becoming inert and harmless to the environment. And we protect your landscaping by bagging gutter downspouts to collect any runoff!
We use a bleach-based detergent to remove roofing stains because they work! They solve the infection and leave behind no residual toxicity and no damage to roofs. In fact, cleaning roofs using bleach-based detergents is the only method recommended by roof shingle manufacturers, including GAF Timberline. These soaps are compatible with the shingle and won’t void your warranty. They will not harm or discolor the shingle but will solve the infection!
We know there are tons of questions and concerns about the use of bleach. If you’re not sure which method is right for you, a good start would be to check manufacturers’ suggestions. Here is a bulletin from Timberline Roofing Shingles, the largest shingle manufacturer in the United States. See their bulletin HERE.
Your Full Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Using our specialized roof moss treatment results in a 100% fully cleaned and sterilized roof!
A completely sterilized roof will remain clean for a considerable amount of time. Each full roof cleaning is guaranteed for full 3 years except for areas of drainage from one roof to another or if a roof has improper pitch/puddling.
Our Roof Moss Removal Approach Is Safe & Effective
We approach cleaning moss off the roof as treating an infection. Furthermore, we create a 100% sterile surface. You can be sure the roof remains stain-free for an extended period of time, whether it’s for asphalt roofs, cedar roofs, slate roofs, cement, or tile roofs. What you can expect:
- Removal Of Unwanted Pests — A roof with moss, mold, lichen, and black stains absolutely cannot reflect sunlight. This lack of reflection creates higher attic temps and increased cooling costs in the summer. Not to mention these organisms are literally eating your roof. This is why we treat the problem like “pest control”.
- Efficient & Safe Service — We clean roofs using water pressure no greater than 65 psi, which is equivalent to a garden hose pressure. We guarantee a 100% kill ratio of roof growths such as mold, moss, algae, and gleocapsa magma (which is the strand that causes those ugly black stains on an asphalt roofing shingle).
- Lower Energy Costs — Particularly when you compare the cost of premature roof replacement and the increased electricity bills with the cost of treating a roof, you will quickly see that IT PAYS TO CLEAN YOUR ROOF!
OUR ROOF CLEANING GALLERY
A Free Estimate Is a Phone Call Away
- We can provide a copy of our liability and/or workers’ compensation insurance upon request.
- We will explain and walk you through the process, as well as offer the most effective and affordable solution for your situation.
- With 3 fully stocked mobile cleaning trucks, we are uniquely qualified for large-scale jobs and can handle any job size, large and small.
- We never ask for payment before the job is complete.
- Every roof cleaning comes with our standard 3 Year Spot Free Warranty — included and fully explained on every invoice.
- Family-owned and operated since 1996, we have been providing exterior cleaning services to New Jersey customers for decades. Feel confident knowing we’ll be here next year should you need us.